Sunday, December 5, 2010

cultural mysteries

Although I have been in Canada for more than 1 year, I still have some cultural mysteries. First, when I was in China, we always wear a lot in the winter. In winter, my city's temperature is as same as here; however, Canadian always just wear a little bit in winter. Last time when I went to white with my friend, we all wore coat and jeans; in contrast, Canadian wore T-shirt and short jeans. Don't they feel cold? Second, Canadian like to eat sweet food. In China, we couldn't eat lots of sweet food at one time because it's too heavy for us. When I have dinner with my host family, my host mum always eat lots of chocolate dessert and cheese cake together. Third, Canadian shoping mall or stores always close so early. In China, the night time is the high time. We'd like to go shopping after school or after work, poeple like to enjoy the night time in the shopping mall or stores. In Canada, it is opposite. Fourth, we do not need to leave tips when we finish dinner or take a taxi in China, but in Canada, tips are very important. Fifth, when I talk to Canadian, if they do not like something, they will say "no" directly, in China, we do not to say "no" directly. Chinese like to use a mild way to refuse others. Consequently, cultural mysteries are a very interesting thing for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment